Terms and Conditions of Award
- By using the Student Scholarship Electronic Agreement form to accept an award from the Pauahi Foundation, I consent to electronic transactions with Kamehameha Schools and the Pauahi Foundation generally and consent to electronically enroll myself in Kamehameha Schools and Pauahi Foundation as set out in this Agreement specifically. I understand I can withdraw this consent to electronic transactions at any time by so informing Pauahi Foundation in writing, and thereafter transactions with me will be conducted by paper. Withdrawing consent will not affect the validity of the Student Scholarship Electronic Agreement or any other transactions conducted electronically prior to my withdrawal of consent to electronic transactions.
- The intent and purpose of this scholarship is to assist with my (the student’s) educational needs.
- I/We understand that funding from this scholarship is to be used for educational costs such as tuition, fees, and books.
- I/We acknowledge that I/we am/are responsible for informing the Financial Aid Office at my (the student’s) college/university of any award that I/we receive from the Pauahi Foundation.
- The award offer is only valid for the school years stated
- I/We may not defer this award and understand that the funds awarded are only valid for the academic year stated above and will not be held for me should I choose not to enroll in a post-high institution. I also understand the funds may not be held by the post-high institution for future use should I choose to defer my enrollment for the academic year stated above.
- I am/will be attending an institution in Hawai‘i or the continental U.S.
- I/We authorize Pauahi Foundation to release information regarding my (the students) scholarship to my school and the media and hereby release any rights I have to photographs, video recordings and/or audio recordings and I acknowledge that the Foundation is the owner and copyright holder of them. I also consent to the Foundation using the photographs, video recordings and/or audio recordings in any manner for any purpose deemed appropriate by the Foundation including but not limited to video productions, broadcasts, advertising, brochures, calendars, newsletters, books (including e-books), internal webpages, email and any other computer readable formats, video or audio segments of any nature by any means, and in all other media and publications now known or hereafter to become known.
- Any change in institution will require a review of scholarship criteria and a new college acceptance letter in order for funds to be disbursed.
- Any lawsuit or claim against KS must be brought exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the District of Hawai‘i or in the state courts of the State of Hawai‘i. Any federal claims shall be governed exclusively by the federal law applied by the U.S. District Court for the District of Hawai‘i and any state law claims shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the State of Hawai‘i, without reference to its conflict of law rules.
- I (the student) agree to submit a hand-written (not typed or emailed) thank you card expressing my appreciation to the scholarship donor by the deadline date and time.
Additional Terms and Conditions for Multi-Year Scholarship Recipients
- Funds are available for the years communicated or until degree is obtained, whichever is reached first. If the student graduates after the first year, the remaining award will not be paid.
- I/We may not defer any part of this award if I am unable to enroll/attend school for any particular year.
- I (the student) will maintain at a minimum, a 2.0 GPA at the undergraduate or vocational/technical level; or a 3.0 GPA at the graduate level and above.
- I (the student) will provide an official transcript at the end of each year of award.
I/We understand and agree that if all terms of this scholarship are no met for each term awarded, the scholarship will be terminated and I/we am/are not able to claim funding either in-part or as a whole.