The second annual Reunion Challenge generated over $137,000 in donations to the Pauahi Foundation—up 21 percent from the prior year. As a result, the Foundation matched the donations by an additional $27,000 for a grand total of $164,000 to go towards scholarships at the Foundation. This friendly competition was created in March 2014 to encourage classes celebrating their reunion to come together and raise money for Native Hawaiians pursuing a post-high education.
“We are so appreciative for the support of the Reunion Challenge, we couldn’t have been happier with the results. It’s through the generosity of all the participants that we are able to further the impact in the Hawaiian Community,” said Kanoe Vierra, Annual Giving Specialist at the Pauahi Foundation.
The competition, which counted gifts made from July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015, gave celebrating classes the opportunity to compete in three categories: 1) highest class participation ($5,000 prize); 2) highest amount raised ($5,000 prize); and, 3) highest number of recurring gifts ($3,000 prize). In addition, each celebrating class had specific goals in participation and amount raised. If a class met or exceeded their goals, they qualified to receive $2,000 in prizes. All prizes awarded are allocated towards their class scholarship fund.
This year’s winning classes included:
- Highest class participation: Class of 1960 with an additional $1,000 for meeting their goal of amount raised
- Highest amount raised: Class of 1975 with an additional $1,000 for meeting their goal of amount raised
- Highest number of recurring gifts: Class of 1990 with an additional $1,000 for meeting their goal of amount raised
Classes who met or exceeded their class goals included:
- Class of 2010 met both of their goals (participation and amount raised) and was awarded $2,000 plus a bonus amount of $1,000 for the highest increase in participation.
- Class of 1985 also met both of their goals (participation and amount raised) and was awarded $2,000.
- The classes of 1965, 1970, 1980, 1995, 2000 and 2005 received $1,000 for meeting their goal for amount raised.
View detailed results of this year’s Reunion Challenge here.
The winning classes were recognized at the Reunion Challenge celebration on July 14 at Mission Social Hall & Cafe (see pictures).
For more information regarding next year’s Reunion Challenge please contact Kanoe Vierra at email@example.com.