The Pauahi Foundation administers scholarships that have been created by current and former faculty, staff, alumni classes and spouses of Kamehameha faculty and staff. The Foundation awards scholarships supporting college level areas of study, as well as trade and vocational courses. Many awards may be determined based on merit, while some are restricted for those students applying to specific geographic region institutions.
Foundation scholarships are supplemental and may not cover the full cost of education. Students may also apply for educational financial assistance from state, federal and private funds and contribute from their own earnings. Awards are subject to availability of funds.
- Completed applications submitted by the deadline are reviewed according to specific fund criteria
- Completed applications that meet specific fund criteria are sent to committee for review
- Separate committees are convened for each scholarship fund
- Committee members read each completed application packet and determine those that most closely match the intent of the scholarship
- Students are ranked and submitted to the Foundation for further processing
- The Pauahi Foundation has the right to make decisions in its sole discretion and its decision in regards to the selection and awarding of scholarship funds is final
- Notification letters will be mailed in May to the permanent address provided
- Those awarded must formally accept the funds by signing and returning a scholarship agreement form within the state period
- Unclaimed awards may be re-awarded
Use of Award
- Funds should be used for educational expenses such as tuition, fees, books, supplies, room and board
- Some awards may be used for other educational expenses designated by the donor