Read all material before starting the online application.
Refer first to our FAQs if there are any questions. Need further instructions?
Step 1: Prepare your personal statements
- Compose your statement in a Word document and utilize the spell check and grammar feature.
- Statements are limited to 3,000 characters (not words).
- Take the time to review your answers and determine if you’ve answered the question.
Personal Statement Questions:
What career do you see yourself in 10-15 years and what life experience’s has helped you realize this career goal?
Choose a meaningful community service project that you recently participated in or helped organize, and explain what kind of impact it has made on you and how it has helped you recognize your career/life goal.
Share a challenging event in your life and how you overcame it and grown from the experience.
Step 2: Select scholarship funds
- Review the scholarship fund listing and select the scholarship funds you feel you are qualified for.
Step 3: Create your login and password
- Access the online application.
- Passwords must be 8-16 characters in length and include a non-alphanumeric token such as: !, @, #, $.
Step 4: Complete your application
- Validate all entered information.
- Click the “Submit” button.
Step 5: Request letters of recommendation (LOR), as required
- Confirm the writers email address before sending the electronic request.
- Send the electronic request at least 3 weeks prior to the deadline.
- Ensure that you are requesting the correct “type” of letter, i.e. community, educator, employer.
- LORs must be submitted online only.
- Recommender cannot be a family member.
- Check the status of your LOR request(s) by logging into the application and clicking on the “Manage Letters of Recommendation” tab.
Step 6: Supplemental documents
- Only hard copy portfolios will be accepted as we cannot guarantee the quality of DVD, CD or emailed submittals.
- Attach a cover sheet which includes your name and Foundation ID number.