The key to a successful application submittal is reading all of the scholarship material. Our FAQs will help to answer any questions you may have. If, after reading our material, you’re still in question, we’re here to help! Contact us and we can explain or walk you through the process.
Step 1: Read all materials
A vast majority of mis-steps in the application process can be avoided by reading all material first before starting the application process. An online tutorial is available at www.pauahi.org.
Step 2: Prepare Your Personal Statements
- Answer the four mandatory questions completely and succinctly
- Limit statements to 3,000 characters (not words)
- Prepare your statements in a Word document where you can utilize Spell Check and the Character counter
- Ensure there is thought put into your responses as this may be the only piece of information that review committees will receive to get to know you
- Personal Statement Questions:
- What career do you see yourself in 10-15 years and what life experience’s has helped you realize this career goal?
- Choose a meaningful community service project that you recently participated in or helped organize, and explain what kind of impact it has made on you and how it has helped you recognize your career/life goal.
- Share a challenging event in your life and how you overcame it and grown from the experience.
- List by academic year (Freshmen through Senior years), the extra-curricular activities, sports, clubs, community service projects, etc., that you have participated in and what role (if any) you took part in making the event successful. This list will help validate your qualifications for criteria-specific funds you apply for.
Step 3: Select Scholarship Funds
- Your respective campus scholarship listing will be available in November
- Read the criteria for each of the scholarships being offered to determine if you meet the criteria
- Make note of any additional documents or essays listed required
Step 4: Create Your Login and Password
- You’ll be able to access the link through the email from email@example.com, or through our website, www.pauahi.org
- Create your account by using your @imua.ksbe.edu email address
- Passwords must be 8-16 characters in length and include a non-alphanumeric token such as: !, @, #, $
Step 5: Complete Your Application
- Validate all entered information
- Click the Submit button
Step 6: Request Your Letters of Recommendation (LOR)
- You must submit one (1) letter of recommendation
- Recommender cannot be a family member
- Ensure you have a current email address for your writer
- Send email request to writer at least 3 weeks prior to the deadline
- Writers will have one week beyond your online application deadline to submit their LOR
- Last day to request LORs is January 16, 2015, at 4:15 p.m.
- Only LORs submitted online will be accepted, no hard copy submittals
- Check the status of your LOR by logging into the application and clicking on the Manage Letters of Recommendation tab
Step 7: Prepare, Request, Send Your Documents
- Art Portfolios for students applying to the art scholarship will only be accepted as a hard copy, no DVDs, CDs or emailed submittals will be accepted
- College Acceptance Letters that applicants have received to-date will be accepted and kept on file. If awarded, you will be asked to notify us of your choice of institution