The goal of accreditation is to ensure that education provided by institutions of higher education meets acceptable levels of quality. Here you will find regional and national accrediting agencies recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as reliable authorities concerning the quality of education or training offered by the institutions of higher education or higher education programs they accredit. The agencies listed below are those that are recognized by the Pauahi Foundation.
- Middle States Association of Colleges & Schools – Commission on Higher Education
- Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools – The Higher Learning Commission
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges – Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges – Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges – Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities