General Program Requirements
Individual scholarship funds will require the applicant to meet other conditions. Review the Scholarship Listing for specific requisites. Applicant must:
- Be a classified, degree-seeking student
- Be attending an institution in Hawai‘i or the continental U.S.
- Be a full-time student unless specifically noted in the Scholarship Listing
- Be attending a two or four-year accredited* institution
*See Accrediting Agencies page for a list of accrediting bodies
How many Foundation scholarships are available this year?
Do I have to be a state of Hawai‘i resident to apply?
Is there a difference between the Pauahi Foundation Scholarship Program and the Kamehameha Schools Post-High Financial Aid scholarships?
Do I need to be of Hawaiian ancestry to apply?
Do I need to reapply if I received a scholarship last year?
Can I apply for more than one Pauahi Foundation scholarship?
- Includes answering the four mandatory essay questions
- Selection of scholarship funds
- Any additional essay questions
Online Application FAQs
What do I do if my essay is being cutoff?
What if I can’t find my institution in the application’s drop-down list?
Why can’t I click on the “Review Documentations” tab?
May I make changes to my online application once it has been submitted?
___Official transcripts – see Transcript page
___Letters of recommendation (LOR)
- As required by the specific fund
- Accepted only through our online portal
What if I don’t have a teacher or counselor that is able to write a letter of recommendation on my behalf?
Can a family member write a letter of recommendation on my behalf?
Can the same letter of recommendation be applied to multiple scholarship funds?
___Student Aid Report – see FAFSA page
- Only if you are applying to the Ula Baker Sheecha scholarship or the Native Hawaiian Visual Arts scholarship
- Submit a hard-copy portfolio of pictures of works of art
- Attach a separate page with your name and KAPF ID#
- Portfolio will not be returned once submitted