Completing the Online Application
Request your official transcripts and send to:
567 South King Street, Suite 618
Honolulu, Hawai‘i 96813
Prepare your personal statements
- Compose your statements in a Word document; check for spelling, grammar, character count
- Statements limited to 3,000 characters
Personal Statement Questions:
- What career do you see yourself in 10-15 years and what life experience(s) has helped you realize this career goal?
- Provide the month/year of a community service opportunity you participated in or helped organize. Briefly describe the service and explain what kind of impact it has made on you and how it has helped you recognize your career/life goal.
- Give a short description of a challenging event you have personally experienced, then explain how you overcame it and grown from the experience.
- List community service or volunteer opportunities you’ve participated in or coordinated within the past 5 years only.
Select scholarship funds
- Review the Scholarship Listing and select the scholarship funds you feel you are qualified for
Create your login and password
- Username should be an email address that you check often
- Password must be 8-16 characters in length and include a non-alpha, numeric token such as: !, @, #, $, etc.
- Application times-out after 20 minutes of inactivity
Click the “Submit” button
- Review your application and don’t forget to click the green “Submit” button at the bottom
Letters of recommendation (as required by fund)
- Access the Manage Letters of Recommendation page by logging into your Pauahi Foundation application
- Confirm your writers email address
- Request the correct “type” of letter the fund is asking for, i.e. community , educator, employer
- Hard-copy letters are not accepted
- Writer cannot be a family member
- Letters will be applied to all funds that require the same type of letter
Student Aid Report (as required by fund)
- Only PDFs of the SAR can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All pages of the SAR are required
- Formats not accepted: jpeg, jnp, html, etc.