- Completed applications submitted by the deadline are reviewed according to specific fund criteria.
- Completed applications that meet specific fund criteria are sent to committee for review.
- Separate committees are convened for each scholarship fund.
- Committee members read each completed application packet and determine those that most closely match the intent of the scholarship.
- Students are ranked and submitted to the Foundation for further processing.
- The Pauahi Foundation has the right to make decisions in its sole discretion and its decision in regards to the selection and awarding of scholarship funds is final.
- Notification letters will be mailed in April (KS Kapālama), and May (KS Hawai‘i and KS Maui) to the permanent address provided.
- Awardees may be notified by text message to their cell phones.
- Those awarded must formally accept the funds by signing and returning a scholarship agreement form within the stated period.
- Unclaimed awards may be re-awarded.
Use of Award
- Funds should be used for educational expenses such as tuition, fees, and books.
- Funds cannot be deferred and must be used for the academic year it is awarded for.
- You will be notified of any award at your respective campus Academic Awards Ceremony in April (KS Kapālama) or May (KS Hawai‘i and KS Maui).
- The following documents are required and due to the Foundation office by the stated deadline date on your award letter:
- Signed Student Scholarship Agreement Form
- Copy of the college acceptance letter to the institution you will be attending in the fall
- Hand-written card of thanks addressed to, “Donor of <name of scholarship?>. Emailed or typed notes/letters will be returned to be transposed onto a card in your hand writing.
- You may check the status of submitted documents by logging onto your Pauahi Foundation application account:
- Click on the Kamehameha Schools Seniors box
- Click on the Application Link on the side bar
- Click on the red bar, CLICK HERE TO LOGIN TO VIEW SCHOLARSHIP STATUS
- Enter your KS@imua.ksbe.edu email address and password
- From this point you will be able to see:
- The specific scholarship fund you were awarded and the amount
- The date we received your scholarship acceptance documents, i.e. Signed Agreement Form, copy of college acceptance letter and handwritten thank you card
- You will also be receiving text messages from the Pauahi Foundation if we have questions or need clarification on your documents.