Aloha mai kākou,
On behalf of the Pauahi Foundation, our Board of Directors, and the many scholarship recipients who have benefited from your generous support, mahalo nui loa. I also send you the gratitude and aloha of the Kamehameha Schools’ Board of Trustees and CEO Jack Wong for your commitment to improve the capability and wellbeing of our Hawaiian community.
Over the years, your continued support has helped us make tremendous progress for our lāhui including:
- Increasing our endowment to more than $20 million
- Creating 240 new scholarship funds to generate ongoing assistance to native Hawaiian scholars
- Engaging the spirit and generosity of more than 2,000 donors
We are proud of the movement we have made together and realize we must continue to enhance and expand our offerings to provide more opportunities to native Hawaiian haumāna.
A part of Kamehameha Schools’ strategic plan and vision is to build an Advancement Office within the KS organizational structure. We will build upon the good work that was started with the Pauahi Foundation to create this office and enhance the philanthropic culture and mindset throughout both the KS organization and our lāhui. Beginning July 3, 2016, the first phase of this transition to the KS Advancement Office will occur with our staff becoming KS employees. Although this will be a significant transfer, there should be little, if any, change to your experience with us:
- Pauahi Foundation staff will become KS employees, but will continue to work in their current roles for the Pauahi Foundation
- The Pauahi Foundation will continue as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and your contributions will be tax deductible to the extent allowed by law
- Current scholarships and endowments will continue under the current terms
- All operational processes and procedures will remain in place
- Physically, we will not change office space until further plans are approved in coordination with the hiring of a new Advancement leader—which we expect will happen this fall
- KS will continue to fund all operating and administrative expenses
In summary, our staff will continue in their current roles to lead and manage the operations of the Pauahi Foundation. There will be no change to your connection with us and the good work you support. We will continue to keep you informed of our progress throughout this transition as information becomes available. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (808) 534-3966.
Me ka mahalo nui,
Interim Executive Director