The Pauahi Foundation Scholarship application has now closed! If you’ve clicked the “Submit” button on your application you will be able to check documents we’ve received as of 2:00pm, Thursday, February 16, 2017. Documents received beyond Thursday at 2:00pm will be entered upon our return to the office.
As a reminder, all documents needed to be received in our office by Friday, February 17, 2017, 4:15pm, HST. As iterated on our website, we will not be accepting post-marked documents and official transcripts (sent directly to us from the institution) also needed to be received in our office by the deadline.
The Pauahi Foundation administers scholarships that have been created by private donors and awards these scholarships supporting college level areas of study, as well as trade and vocational courses. Many awards may be determined based on merit, while some include specific criteria such as geographic location, field of study, financial need or grade point averages.
Scholarships are available to the general public, including graduates of Kamehameha Schools. Foundation scholarships are supplemental and may not cover the full cost of education. Students are also encouraged to apply for educational financial assistance from state, federal, and private funds and contribute from their own earnings. Foundation awards are subject to availability of funds.
Before proceeding, please read all Pauahi Foundation Scholarship online materials. The online materials identify the processes you must follow and deadline dates you must comply with in order to be considered for any scholarship. Your failure to follow process instructions and comply with all deadlines will result in you not being considered for any scholarship. The Pauahi Foundation reserves the right to make decisions in its sole discretion, and its decisions in regards to the selection and awarding of scholarship funds is final.
The Pauahi Foundation’s policy is to give preference to applicants of Hawaiian ancestry to the extent permitted by law. See Hawaiian Ancestry Verification page for further details.
Listed below are our general program requirements. Individual scholarship funds will require the applicant to meet other conditions. Review the Scholarship Listing for specific requisites. Applicant must:
- Be a classified, degree-seeking student
- Be attending an institution in Hawai`i or the continental U.S.
- Be attending school as a full-time student unless specifically noted in the Scholarship Listing
- Be attending a two- or four-year accredited* institution
All documents must be received (not postmarked) at the Foundation office by February 17, 2017, 4:15pm, HST. Late documents will not be accepted and will not be considered for any scholarships. All documents, once submitted will become property of the Foundation and will not be returned.
Please use the checklist below to aid you in completing the application process.
__ Online Application – Completed and have clicked the green “Submit” button
- Includes three mandatory essay questions
- Selection of scholarship funds
- Any additional essay questions and
__ Official Transcripts
- Current high school seniors must have their high school registrar send an official record of transcript to the Pauahi Foundation
- Current college students must have their institution’s records office send an official record of transcript to the Pauahi Foundation after fall 2016 grades have been posted
__ Copy of college Acceptance Letters
- Current high school seniors must submit a copy of a college acceptance letter
- College students transferring to another institution must submit a copy of the new college acceptance letter
- College graduates matriculating to a graduate program or higher must submit a copy of either their application to the graduate program or a confirmation of application to the graduate program. If awarded, confirmation of full acceptance will be required before funds are released
__ Letters of Recommendation
- As required by the specific fund
__ Student Aid Report (SAR)
- From Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as required
__ Art Portfolio – as required.
- Submit a hard-copy portfolio of pictures of works of art. The portfolio will remain with the Foundation as part of your application packet and will not be returned.
Submit all documents to:
567 South King Street, Suite 160
Honolulu, HI 96813